Sunday, August 3, 2014

Jumping into Change

When I met my husband, I knew that I had to make a choice, to spend my life with him or not.  I knew it well before we ever started talking about marriage.  It has always been that way for me.  I see the end result well before the turn to the end has begun.

So it was with my current change.  I knew as soon as I started looking at it that I needed to truly consider if this is what I wanted, because I knew I would have the opportunity to take advantage of it.  I jumped for it.  Now the question is if I will make it across the gulf.  My jump will get me there, the question is if obstacles will arise to block my path.  One week will show me if this will work or not.  If it doesn't, it won't be the end of my world,but it will be a set-back and disappointment.

I couldn't tell in the beginning if this was really something that I wanted, now I know that it is.  It is ironic that I should arrive at this conclusion just as it is becoming evident that it isn't fully up to me if I can keep this prize.

Is it worse not to know if you are ready for change, or to be ready and be help back by someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment